The reality of today’s workplace is that individual success depends not just on how well leaders do their job, but on how well the people they manage do theirs. When a group is unable to meet deadlines, accomplish goals, and fulfill expectations, those unmet obligations inevitably reflect on the supervisor.
This half-day workshop is designed to give students the tools to move from an individual contributor to a leader of a team. Students will learn a framework for creating exceptional performance by defining their role as a supervisor and what they bring to that role. Next, we prepare them to delegate effectively and understand how to create an environment where employees can be motivated toward exceptional performance.
After this course, students will be able to:
- Identify your strengths as a supervisor
- Evaluate barriers to delegation and overcome them
- Apply the steps for delegating effectively
- Handle mistakes, missteps, and failures as learning opportunities
- Establish expectations for your workgroup to reach exceptional performance